Become a Volunteer
Cancer patients and caregivers are matched with a volunteer who has survived the same or similar type of cancer to receive one-on-one positive encouragement and hope from someone who understands firsthand what they are going through. Opportunities are also available for volunteers to make hospital visits to cancer patients and their caregivers.
- Are compassionate and caring
- Are available to talk with someone experiencing what they, themselves have gone through
- Provide personal support over the phone and in person
- Make themselves available for as long as needed by the patient or caregiver
- Help others find hope and strength
Training is currently offered in Houston, Atlanta, Colorado Springs, and Charleston.
We ask that you to wait to apply to become a volunteer six months after you, or your loved one has completed treatment.