Studies show that one out of every four employees in a company will be diagnosed with cancer during their career.
Many of them will choose to work while battling the disease. To help companies and their employees manage the personal and emotional cost of cancer, CanCare is taking its powerful message of hope into the workplace through corporate partnerships. Corporate partners help raise awareness of CanCare’s services by disseminating information, inviting CanCare to participate in workplace health events and encouraging employees affected by cancer to seek CanCare’s help or serve as CanCare volunteers.
- Free, customized, confidential support to cancer patients and their caregivers
- Support for associates in the workplace touched either directly or indirectly by cancer
- Toolkits to help supervisors manage workgroups affected by cancer
- Referrals to other cancer resources in the community
- Presentations at staff health and wellness fairs that the company organizes
- Lunch and learns that could include various educational and support topics