Did you know that 50% of your daily food intake should consist of fruits and vegetables? Yet, what kind of fruits and vegetables? Thanks to our friends at MD Anderson and “Anticancer: A New Way of Life” by David Servan-Schreiber, we’ve compiled a list of fruits and vegetables that can help to prevent cancer.
Cruciform Vegetables – Prevents precancerous cells from developing into malignant tumors and promotes the suicide of cancer cells
- Brussel sprouts
- Bok choy
- Avoid boiling cabbage and broccoli because it destroys benefits
Vegetables and Fruits Rich in Carotenoids – Inhibits the growth of cancer cells
- Sweet potatoes
Berries – Slows tumor growth and blocks the transformation of environmental carcinogens into toxic substances
- *** Ellagic acid also detoxifies cells. It blocks the transformation of environmental carcinogens into toxic substances and stimulates the elimination of toxins. The toxins we are referring to here are dangerous because they interact with DNA and provoke potentially life-threatening genetic mutations. Hence, ellagic acid is a kind of supermolecule that acts on several fronts.
- Stone Fruit – Blocks the transformation of environment carcinogens into toxic substances
- *** These fruits, particularly plums, are at least as rich in anticancer elements as small berries
- Citrus Fruit – Anti-inflammatory
- Organic skins can be steeped in tea or hot water
Don’t forget to visit our blog every week for new posts!